Specially designed for commercial or compressed & hot water applications
PROTECTION FOR YOUR SYSTEMS AND EQUIPMENT
- Water-heater Calorifier– used to reduce energy consumption as compard to scaled up water heater, prevent need for cleaning, extend life of elements/serviceable parts.
- Ice-machine – used to prevent cleaning of cube trays, for more consistent shapes and cleaner looking ice.
- Solar heating systems – it maintains efficient heat transfer, prevents clogging and necessity of cleaning panels.
- A/C chillers – remove/prevent scale inside chiller, eliminate certain chemicals, prevent energy waste.
- Hot/cold water network – prevent scale inside pipes, prevent pressure losses, prevent need for pipe flushing.
- U.V. sterilization equipments – prevent need for cleaning, maintains efficient sterilization.
Scaletron is a unique catalytic scale prevention system suitable for treating potable residential and commercial water systems. Scaletron incorporates the unique catalytic alloy conditioning systems into a single stainless steel housing providing the most complete reaction available for calcium carbonate treatment.
What is lime scale ?
Limescale is the precipitation of calcium salts especially in hard water areas when water is heated or there is a pressure drop, causing hard scale to form in pipes, taps, heat exchangers, washing machines and combination boilers. Limescale combines with soap making it lather less. It can clog an entire plumbing system and leaves tidemarks on baths, sinks, basins, toilets and taps that are difficult to remove.
How does Scaletron work?
Simply put, the Scaletron’s catalytic core causes a reaction to take place that prevents scaling caused by hard water.
Unlike conventional water softeners that physically remove minerals, the catalytic reaction forces minerals associated with scale (calcium and carbon) out of solution. These minerals are suspended in the form of microscopic crystals (calcium carbonate in the aragonite state).
As a result of this treatment there are insufficient scale causing minerals left in solution for scaling to occur as the water passes through the system.
Simple to install
Scaletron is simply plumbed in to the rising main and is available in 3/8″, 1/2″, 3/4″, 1″, 1-1/4″, 1-1/2″, 2″, 2-1/2″ and 3″ sizes to meet the most common required commercial pipe sizes.
Protection for your systems and equipment
It inhibits the development of scale in both hot and cold water systems reducing the formation of damaging hard scale deposits in appliances and reduces the cost of energy that the presence of hard scale causes in heating systems.
It adds zero chemicals, and uses no energy making it entirely green and eco-friendly. The lifespan of equipment and appliances could be lengthened by not having hard water scale build up on them over time.
Benefits of a Scaletron system
Scaletron gives most of the benefits of your typical water softener at a fraction of the price, with additional benefits such as:
- Easy installation
- Fit and forget
- Uses no electricity
- Uses no chemicals
- Uses no salts
- No detrimental affect on potable/drinking water
- No separate drinking water supply is required
- Environment friendly
- No contaminated waste water